- Orchard planted in 2000 by three investors who listed it straight after planting. Not sold until 2010 when Iain and Liz took over.
- Iain and his brother and their families ran the orchard as a joint venture for 18 months, then divided into two, each taking a section to grow on their own. Iain and Liz’s block is 14.5 ha in total – 8.3 canopy ha with 830 trees.
- Majority Hass on Zutano.
- Bore on the property and irrigation system installed.
- Originally planted at 10m x 5m but they are thinning to 10m x 10m.
- Iain and Liz were not happy with their production in the early years so “wanted to do something different” so have been following Erica Faber’s nutrient programmes.
- Orchard yield 2020-21: 11.5T per hectare.