- We are coming to the tail end of what has been a challenging but rewarding season for Just Avocados’ growers.
- We are 98% through our Asian market development programme, representing 25.7% of the total Just Avocados’ crop. This has exceeded expectations on volume into these markets.
- Overall, the Asian market has been a great avenue for the Just Avocados team, allowing us to place high volumes of fruit at great returning values. It offers a home to large fruit early in the season when the Australian market doesn’t require NZ volumes.
- We have completed a successful China programme and were the first into market for the NZ industry. We have created a good first impression of the NZ Avocado brand, which has been complemented by our international branding points of difference.
- Surprisingly, the Chinese market was very competitive in regards to other returning Asian markets, this will be a large market for Just Avocados in the 2019/20 season.
- We have seen great development in Australia this season, with the commencement of direct retail supply. Our volumes into retail have exceeded the original commitment which is very pleasing for both JAL growers and the customer.
- This has been helped by a newly instated business model, which has allowed JAL to get fruit to our customers 4-5 days quicker than last season’s supply chain arrangement.
- This increase in supply chain efficiency has meant we have had very minimal volumes of fruit that have required reworking or repacking, something we believe to be a point of difference compared to the rest of the industry.
- With the season coming to an end, we will have financial results in the coming months and will be in touch with the detail at the appropriate time.
Thanks for your support for the 2018/19 season!